Paul Boag - Helping People For Free At Scale
The OG of podcasting, Paul Boag, joined me on Ditching Hourly to talk about how helping people for free is good for business.
Paul Boag, UX consultant, digital transformation expert, and OG podcaster, joined me on Ditching Hourly to talk about how helping people for free is good for business.
- The value of jumping on a new platform.
- How podcasting creates trust.
- How to create a good podcast.
- Hunting versus gardening.
- Expertise by association.
- Video-first workflow.
- The benefit of publishing your mistakes instead of editing them out.
- Why you don’t need to be outgoing to have a podcast.
- The benefits of daily publishing.
- The trust difference between writing and speaking.
- The simplicity of being a helpful human being.
- Why you should share absolutely everything you know.
- How tactics change over time.
- Why you need to adapt for the reality you’re in.
- What to copy from your heros (spoiler: copy the strategy, not the tactics).
- Why niching down is a great way to become dominant in a sector.
- Why it’s critically important to find out where your ideal buyers talk to each other.
- How to work your way into a niche market.
- Show your expertise, don’t tell your expertise.
- Niching around an audience instead of a deliverable.
Connect with Paul: